Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Starting Point

How did I get here? I ran. How am I leaving? I'm running. What am I doing in between? I'm raising money to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives.

What's with all the running everywhere? Well if I'm going to be running the Nike Women's Marathon in October, it just makes sense!

Between now and October, I will be training for my first marathon, the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco. At the same time, I will be raising money that will fund research for a cure for the diseases listed above--diseases that have worn out their welcome. In training for the marathon, there will be hard work, energy and determination and in fundraising, there will be enthusiasm, belief and compassion. I expect nothing less.

Please follow me over the next five months as I update my progress towards competing in a marathon and raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphona Society.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment